This year more than $160,000 worth of scholarship funding is available. This wouldn’t be possible without the generous donations from our wonderful supporters.
What scholarships are available?
There are a number of scholarships available in 2024 for the following programs offered by the Centre for Social Impact:
- Graduate Certificate in Social Impact (GCSI)
- Graduate Diploma in Social Impact (GDCSI)
- Master of Social Impact / MBA (Social Impact)
CSI Social Impact Scholarship Funding:
Thanks to our generous supporters, we have scholarship funds available at each of our partner universities:
- Flinders University: $50,000
- Swinburne University of Technology: $30,000
- University of New South Wales: $25,000
- University of Western Australia: $25,000
Each university can distribute these funds as they see fit. A minimum of two scholarships will be awarded by each university. All you need to do is select your preferred university and course when you apply.
For example, if there's $25,000 available it can be split in various ways, such as:
- 5x $5,000 scholarships
- 2x $10,000 and 1x $5,000 scholarships
- 1x $10,000 and 3x $5,000 scholarships
- 1x $15,000 and 1x $10,000 scholarships
CSI National Board Scholarship:
Everyone who applies will also have the opportunity to be considered for the $10,000 CSI Board scholarship. This is available for any CSI degree program at Flinders, Swinburne, UNSW and UWA. The good news is, you won’t need to complete a separate application form to be in the running for this.
Additional Scholarships at UNSW:
Students studying at UNSW can also apply for two additional scholarships;
- Indigenous Female Social Impact Scholarship (UNSW): 1x $15,000 for either the GCSI, GDCSI or MBAx (Social Impact) at UNSW
- Robin Crawford Memorial Scholarship (UNSW): 1x $6,500 for either the GCSI, GDCSI or MBAx (Social Impact) at UNSW
We are looking for enthusiastic social impact students who:
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment, engagement and leadership in supporting, developing and contributing to better social outcomes in the business, public and/or social purpose sectors
- Demonstrate the capacity to apply their studies and contribute to creating positive social change
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing or continuing in an eligible CSI program at one of our participating universities*
- Be intending to complete the program of study within the allocated time frame (full-time/part equivalent)
- Are a Domestic student which includes Australian or New Zealand Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Are not in a receipt of another scholarship towards your program of study (Students receiving a commonwealth supported place are still eligible)
- Successful scholarship recipients must start using their awarded funds in 2024
*Please note, if you are a continuing student, you must have more than 50% of your current course remaining to complete
How do I apply?
Applications will open on October 31st at 5pm. As part of your application, you will also need to submit:
- A CV no longer than two pages
- A letter of support from a social impact organisation or employer which outlines your suitability and commitment to undertaking the program, along with their endorsement for you to receive a CSI Scholarship
Meet a 2023 scholarship recipient
Starting out as a Civil Engineer, Ben knew something was missing from the career that he wanted to build for himself. Dipping his toes into various volunteering roles while working his normal 9-5, Ben eventually landed himself a casual job as a food-rescue delivery driver for OzHarvest to support his transition away from engineering and into a life with more purpose...