CSI Flinders: MBA (Social Impact)
The Master of Business Administration (Social Impact) prepares future leaders and professionals with the fundamental understanding and skills they need to achieve positive social impact. The program will enhance the skills of people working (or seeking to work) in the social purpose or for-purpose landscape, including leaders and professionals within not-for-profits, for-purpose commercial organisations, the philanthropic sector, universities or governments.
The course articulates with the 18 unit Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, and the 36 unit Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, and the sequentially developed topics enable progression through the three awards.
What you will learn
The MBA (Social Impact) is designed to provide a strong foundation of business knowledge, skills and attitudes to support ethical, global business management of organisations including private sector business organisations, not-for-profit organisations and public organisations. Through experiential learning techniques students will develop knowledge and skills to conduct independent research, carry out industry and discipline related projects, and relate their learning to their individual business experience.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Formulate solutions to complex social impact problems
- Critically appraise evidence to support decision making
- Assess risks for strategic planning
- Adopt contemporary leadership theory and practices to real life settings
- Evaluate opportunities for change
- Apply technical and social impact knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice