March 17, 2020
New CSI scholarship recipients announced
After a rigorous phase of considering the many applications we received for our first round of scholarships in 2020, we’re so pleased to be announcing and introducing the 16 successful recipients from across Australia who have been awarded scholarships - from $5,000 to $25,000 - to support them in their studies with the Centre for Social Impact.
From engineers to nurse educators, social enterprise founders, scientists, media managers, speech pathologists and everything in between, our diverse range of recipients have dedicated their careers and educational experiences towards furthering their social impact in our community.
Congratulations to our scholarship recipients:
- Rita Bitar Nehme (pictured above): Head of Industry Engagement, Foundation for Young Australians
- Molly George: Media Learning Manager, SYN Media
- Levi Fernandez: Co-Founder, Society Melbourne
- Cassandra Crothers-Swensson: Health Promotion Practitioner, Monash Health Community
- Joe Tuazama: Senior Biomedical Engineer, Electromedical Group
- Sally Savage: Senior Community Development Officer, City of Perth
- Roda Warsame Dirie: Operations Manager, My Way Community Alliance
- Simone Dowding: Head of Social Enterprise, World Vision
- Birdy Bird: Project Advisor, Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation
- Bethany Fitzpatrick: National Events Manager, OzHarvest
- Natalie O’Brien: Chief of Staff, GetUp!
- Sharon Grocott: Head of Research and Innovation, Interrelate
- Maree Montgomery: Educator, Older Persons Advocacy Network
- Jocelin Walker: Senior Administrator, Financial Counsellors' Association of NSW
- Michael Ho: Manager, Therapy Services (Greater Western Sydney), Cerebral Palsy Alliance
- Jacqueline Briggs: Founder and Director, Secret Sisterhood
You’ll be hearing more about these students as we follow their social impact journeys, but for now we send a big CSI thanks to our supporters and donors who have made these scholarships possible.
Download Printable File